POLICY ON PRIVACY, DATA AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS (“PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY”)
ISSUED BY DONUT PUBLISHING LIMITED (“DONUT”).
Last updated 13 October 2014
If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or our Games, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy and Data Policy.
Donut may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Donut does not knowingly collect personal information from people under the age of 13. If Donut learns that a person under the age of 13 has provided it with personal information, Donut will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.
During your use of our Games you agree that the following terms will apply:
- Donut may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to it through our Games when you sign up to our Games (including any Online Service), such as your name.
- Donut may also record which parts of our Games you use and user patterns.
- The information we collect will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used:
- to set up your Online Service / our Games account;
- to generally run, operate and maintain our Games;
- for internal record keeping including records of correspondence between you and us;
- to improve our Games, products and services;
- to notify and inform users of updates, new products and / or promotional offers;
By subscribing to or using our Games and submitting your data you agree to these uses.
- Our Games may also use software which records whether you have used our Games before on your hardware device and other information about your use. For example you may be asked if you wish our Games to remember your hardware device and account information (including password and username if applicable). This is used to improve our Games and the services available to you and in some cases is necessary for our Games to function correctly.
- Donut may also collect and use game data that does not include any personally identifiable information. You agree that Donut shall own all rights in such data as it collects and may use such data in any way it wishes.
If you believe Donut has information about you that you do not want Donut to have or that is incorrect, or if you have any other concerns about this policy, please contact Donut as described below
Third Party Communications
Donut may share the information you have provided with partners of Donut and its affiliates. Donut may also share this information with other carefully selected companies or organisations in order that they may inform you of their products and services.
In certain circumstances we may share your information with Donut’s partner companies and service providers who act on our behalf with activities such as, but not limited to, fulfilling orders, processing payments, carrying out, promotional services and data management.
Donut will only provide these companies with the information which they need to carry out their services and they will not be allowed to use the information for other purposes. They will only be allowed to use your information in the way in which we instruct them and as permitted by the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998.
You also acknowledge and agree that in certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to conform to any requirements of law, comply with any legal process, to prevent and detect fraud and to protect and defend the Donut’s rights and property.
Sending your data overseas
It may be necessary for Donut to transfer your information to countries outside the European Union which do not provide the same level of protection as the UK. If we for any reason need to do so, Donut will make sure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data protection laws so that your personal data is kept secure.
Third Party Products and Services
Our Games may contain links to other sites or services of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Games, you should note that we do not have any control over those third party sites or services. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Such sites and services have not been verified or reviewed by Donut and Donut has no liability for any use and access of them.
Our Games may use services provided by third parties such as Localytics (http://localytics.com). Those services may include the use of a tracking pixel, agent or any other visitor identification technology that collects, uses, shares and stores data about end users of our Games. More information about this and how Localytics may use this information can be found here: http://www.localytics.com/privacy-policy/. By using our Games (that uses Localytics) you agree to this use.
Ad Serving Technology
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Donut Publishing Limited
Registered company number: C 67029
Registered company address: KPMG, Portico Building, Marina Street, Pieta’ PTA 9044, Malta
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed by email to Donut at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donut will endeavour to respond to any query or questions within seven business days.
Donut may make alterations to these Terms and its terms and conditions from time to time and these variations shall become effective immediately upon being accessible from http://www.donutpublishing.com/index.php/privacy-policy/.
© 2014 Donut Publishing Limited
DONUT and the trade marks of any of our Games, (and their respective logos) are trade mark or registered trade marks of Donut Publishing Limited. No other person, organisation, business, company or association endorses or is associated or connected with our Games. Other brand, product, service or organisation names are the trade marks of their respective owners. Our Games are fictitious works set in imagined worlds. All characters appearing in our Games are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.